LINKS Recruitment Group present a fantastic opportunity for a Development Engineer to work within a company who are continuously growing due to company success.
This is a passionate and energetic company that provides a wide range of training and progression opportunities where individuals are rewarded for their hard work.
Job Description: Development Engineer
Reporting to: Development Manager
Overall Job Purpose: The Development Engineer is responsible for managing and assisting in development and engineering projects at the Oakham site. This role also involves providing second-line support to the Engineering team. The incumbent is expected to identify opportunities for process and machine improvements and provide recommendations for enhancing overall effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to enhance machine and process effectiveness.
- Assist in managing engineering projects from inception through to completion, including writing equipment specifications, managing appropriate resources, implementing and monitoring processes, ensuring compliance with budgetary limitations, and facilitating effective handover to production.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety regulations.
- This role requires a hands-on approach and is not solely office-based.
- Time-served engineer, preferably electrically biased.
- Proficient working knowledge of PLC and servo control systems.
- Proficiency in working with Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with CAD systems, preferably Auto-CAD.
- Experience in installing and commissioning new pieces of equipment.
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety, including the management of contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver results within agreed timescales.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills to approach, manage, and solve problems of varying complexities.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to work.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- 33 days annual leave, including a shutdown at Christmas.
- Company sick pay up to 24 weeks, increasing with years of service.
- All personal protective equipment (PPE) provided, including safety shoes.